Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Computer Optimization made easy

"Computer Optimization thegate101 style".
(use Google to find the home sites that I mention)

Optimization of the computer sounds a lot more complicated than it really is; keep on reading to find out how easy it is to do you're self. You can save about a hundred bucks doing this for you're self instead of having Geek Squad or Fire dog do it.

First I like to start by uninstalling all the unneeded and trial crap. That means you need to go to the add and remove programs feature on you're computer. Next proceed in getting rid of all the programs that you don't want.

After the general house keeping is done navigate to Ccleaner ("Google is your friend") and download it.

Open Ccleaner and run it, in both settings. This will clean out most of the temporary files and cookies folders; among other things. I use it myself.

Now you need an auto start program manager; among other things, so navigate to this site to get all kinds of optimization soft ware for free Windows Sysinternals. I use this stuff all the time.

If you've been running windows for a while now you need to disable some auto starting programs.

I like to start with the Adobe updater and reader; they will start when they are called for, so will the others that you disable. When that's done I go for QuickTime and all the ITunes helper stuff. I also turn off the instant messengers. By this point you have removed a large start up burden from you're newly optimized computer, restart and make sure that things stayed off.

Between uninstalling unwanted soft ware and turning off some unneeded auto starting programs, you have sped up you're computing experience a bunch.

You can install full feature photo type applications and office soft ware at a later time; for free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Let me know what you think of the post.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Lacking, I think...
What? No, it's good I guess.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home