Sunday, February 05, 2006

Anti Virus or me

“Anti Virus or me”?!?
I have never received damage du to a virus.
Let me say that a gain. I have never….you get the picture.
The only damage’s that I have received were caused by “me.”
Especially for me! Thanks to me; mostly me any way I think?
Most of the time it’s just dumb things we, (let get installed) on our computers.
Or install our self’s. So that stuff, is in kind of a different category. (“WHY”?) Ok,
“Because you gave it permission”. Now it has free rain, or run….We will get to that.
After the first part is done.
First we need to talk about (“Free Anti Virus”) and brands?
Free Soft ware and web based scanning systems are every where.
I use a number of different brands myself. But it only makes sense to have one anti virus running in the back ground! I use multiple scanners, but I turn them on and off when I want them. Every Antivirus program you install will want to auto run when you boot. As far as that goes, most programs in general want to start when you’re computer doe’s. More than one Anti Virus can make things work funny; sometimes. But not always.
(AVG) works good. My brother uses it.
I use (Avast). I like it better. http://www.avast.com/index.html
Use what ever Anti Virus you feel most comfortable using. (That way you will use it more often.)
Any way, if you don’t have a start up program manager, you need to get one.
You can pick the programs you want and uncheck the ones you don’t. (“Easy to use”)
You need the start up manager so you can uninstall unwanted programs that start and run when you boot the computer. (when they are running they can’t be uninstalled!)
I use this. (Easy to use.)
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html
After you weed out the programs that you don’t want. Run a (Mal-ware) scan.
(Spy-ware) scan and a Virus Scan. Do the first two scans as soon as you can.
This will keep un wanted programs that fall into these categories from reinstalling; “from temp~ folders or something like that”. (Just empty you’re temp~ internet folders). Pages will be reloaded fresh.(On dial up, it will slow you down for a little while. Not long.)
But on the up side of emptying the temp~ internet folder; Any bad installers set to install at boot will be gone!
Cookies? They will always put a new cookie on when you go back any way.
I take them off just to mess up their research!
Well I rambled enough…Thanks (SW)




2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Nice place....
How are things going over this way?
See ya around!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

OK me.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home